Monday, July 30, 2012

Blanc and White

It's no secret that my love for red wine is deep and true. I've always favored Cabernet for being bold and sexy. She's the woman I want to be, the girl I wish I was. She salsas and sambas and saunters confidently in stilettos, tossing her perfectly tousled hair over her shoulders and whispering something sultry (in French, undoubtedly) through full, pouty lips. She's mysterious in a way that draws you in and leaves you wanting more. Exotic, intimidating, captivating.

Lately, though, I've been stepping out on her with a good, crisp white. Sauvignon Blanc, to be specific. She's bold and complex, never syrupy or saccharine. Not one to show off, but always exciting. An understated, low-maintenance, bronzer and mascara kind of girl. She's smart and interesting, but doesn't take herself too seriously.  She'd never claim to be the life of the party, but she'll beat you to the punch line every time. You feel refreshed after talking to her, and she puts you at ease.

The truth is, I'm a little goofy and awkward. I laugh at my own jokes and I have the body of a 12-year-old boy. Maybe I like Sauvignon Blanc because we are kindred spirits. And I'm ok with that. 

So here's a roundup of some recent faves, if you're interested.

Bronze: Bonterra- "Intense aromas of grapefruit, citrus, kiwi and fresh cut grass greet the nose. As you drink, the crisp acidity gives the wine a fresh vibrant feel with flavors of grapefruit, lime zest and grass that closes with flavors of melon and a nice tart finish." Scores bonus points for being organic.

Silver: Frenzy- "aromatic and lively, bursting with flavors of passion fruit, melon, citrus, peach and fresh cut grass. The palate is dry and vibrant with racy acid and typical pungency." Pair this with spicy Thai food, and you’ll think you’ve died and gone to heaven.
Gold: Joel Gott- “bright aromas of Meyer lemon and key lime balanced, and made more complex, by notes of passionfruit and honeysuckle. The wine is round on the palate with mouth-watering acidity and a light, refreshing finish.” I love everything this winery does (as seen here). #fangirl

And did I just give them medals? Yes. Cheers & Happy Olympics. 
[Always be prepared: never leave home without a wine glass.]

p.s. tasting notes came from their respective wineries

2 comments:

  1. I've always been a Cab girl too! Love this and you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wine/women descriptions! so on point :) I must try the "Frenzy" with spicy Thai food soon, it sounds delish! Happy Olympics!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails