Saturday, September 8, 2012

Shameless Saturday

Hi friends... I have a confession. I've been a little bit of a slacker these past few days. I finished all my blog work last Friday, Sunday was my birthday, and since Monday I honestly can't tell you one productive thing I've done all week. Well, there were mornings at the gym and evenings spent working at the restaurant which is moderately productive, but there was also an entire afternoon snuggled up in bed watching Audrey Hepburn movies. There were face masks and bubble baths, and a whole day on the beach in happy solitude. 

Sometimes you need a break. And it might sound selfish and lazy (and hey, maybe it is) but today I feel refreshed. Well-rested and eager to take on new challenges and do big things. There will come a day (sooner than later) when I can't just unplug for 5 days. I know this is a luxury, and I am so thankful. Enjoy it while you can, friends. The days are long, but the years are short.

Hey! It's ok...

... if your interseasonal shopping habits are as bipolar as the weather. Bikinis and boots... shorts, sandals and scarves... So conflicted.

... if you're still fighting desperately for your "summer tan."

... to get a head start on your Christmas wishlist. 

... to not skip "Winter Wonderland" when Pandora slips it in on your Frank Sinatra station. And hey, might as well sing along, baby. 

... to use your birthday to justify your behavior for an entire month. Another piece of cake? Well is it my birthdaymonth...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails