Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pumpkin French Toast

This may come as a surprise to you, but I don't have it all figured out. I know, I know... it gets me every time. Some days are better than others... occasionally my bra matches my underwear, sometimes I remember to take my vitamins, and I always manage to pay my bills before they're actually due. But then I find myself in my bed at 11:30pm eating Hello Pandas for "dinner" and denying myself the most basic of human needs (wine) in lieu of the 5 extra pounds that have taken residence on my arse. This is 24, I guess.

I take comfort in breakfast. I don't have it all figured out, but when it comes to breakfast, I'm getting there. I can always count on my coffee to be hot and delicious and I find solace in the fact that I can make Pumpkin French Toast for under 300 calories. That's what matters, right?
[I made 3 pieces. I was feeling indulgent and excessive and overly excited by the fact that this bread only has 80 calories per slice.]
[Ingredients. Totally simple. I make French Toast the way my mom does... Lots of cinnamon and nutmeg and some vanilla. No measurements, just eyeball it. I subbed egg whites to make it a little skinnier. (That's how you rationalize eating 3 pieces.) If you really wanna go pumpkin crazy, use pumpkin pie spice... it's pretty much the same thing.]
[Dip, griddle, candles, coffee.]
[My eyes were bigger than my stomach. But I went for a beach run & ate this last piece when I got home.] 

What are you eating for breakfast this fall?

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails