Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Joy

If there is joy
In butterfly wings
In marigold petals
The song the bird sings-

Where is that joy 
When caterpillar’s cocooned?
When the seed is still buried?
When the egg seems a tomb?

And when the night
Brings weeping and sorrow?
Are we still promised 
Rejoicing tomorrow?

Long may he tarry,
In darkness we wait
But we aren’t forgotten,
For God is not late.

There’s joy in the process,
There’s joy by design
Because our creator
Is gracious and kind.

Even when joy
Feels flimsy at best
I take hold of gratitude,
It shows me the rest.

Protection, provision,
Strength for today
When my footsteps falter,
He still leads the way. 

And so I ask 
For eyes to see
And feet to follow
Wherever he leads

When legs grow tired,
My blistered feet weary
I’ll finish the course
And trust he stays near me

There’s joy in the journey 
Even when the path’s steep
There’s joy in trusting
He cares for me

There’s joy in the flower
Bloom, seed, and bud
There’s joy in the growing
The days in the mud. 

There’s joy in the waiting,
His promise is true
There’s joy for tomorrow
He’s making us new.



For further Reading:
Psalm 16:11
Psalm 30:5
Psalm 32:8
Hebrews 12:1-3
Psalm 145:8
Isaiah 42:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails