Monday, June 13, 2011

delicious, delightful, delovely dutch pancake cups

I woke up Saturday morning craving something indulgent for breakfast... but not it the chocolate chip pancakes sense of the term. I was certain I wanted something decadent, but not too heavy. With my favorite 12 year old as my sous chef, we made these delicious treats...
If a souffle and a pancake went to bed together, they would wake up the next morning and make this. I found the recipe here, and modified just a tad. Since it was just the two of us (and since I could only scrounge up 3 ramekins... the joys of unpacking) we only made half of the recipe.
We decided to top them with fresh peaches and raspberries
These little guys are certainly an over-the-top alternative to traditional flap jacks (and would be a lovely treat for house guests)
Once they deflate a little they are ready to top with fruit and serve!

So easy and delicious. I'm thinking next time I will swap the vanilla extract for orange liqueur and top with strawberries and a light dusting of cocoa powder and orange zest. Yum. 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails