Friday, April 13, 2012

Guilt-free Friday!

Hi my sweets! It's been far too long since we've done one of these, hasn't it? What are you getting into this weekend? After a lot of running around lately, I'm looking forward to taking it easy, slowing down, and enjoying this beautiful place I call home. 


Marcel Proust said, "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." Looking around today, the trees seem a little greener, the ocean a deeper shade of blue, and the birds are chirping a few octaves higher. Maybe it's new eyes, maybe it's just April, or maybe absence made this little heart grow fonder. Whenever I return from a trip, I am even more acutely aware that there's always a vacation waiting for me in own backyard. I can't help but feel a little jubilant as I walk through the arrivals gate. This is home. Kick up your feet and soak up the beauty that surrounds you. Until next time...


Hey! It's ok...


... to bypass the hot tea, honey, and lemon and stick with your go-to latte whenever your throat is feeling sore. Calcium >Vitamin C.


... to seriously laugh out loud at nearly every #whatshouldwecallme. 


... to sleep on the way to and from the bar. Not like "drunken stupor, passed out" sleep, but "it's past 10:30, why am I still awake, just resting my eyes" kind of thing.

... if you are fully capable of doing your own taxes, keeping up with car maintenance, etc... but to relegate such tasks to your main man. After all, that's what dad's are for! :)

1 comment:

  1. These posts are so great! I tend to break the rules when I'm sick, too. I always crave ice cream, even though dairy is terrible for congestion!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails