Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Coffee and Cinnamon


Coffee and cinnamon. Quite possibly the most holy union. And I'm not being dramatic.

My boyfriend loves chocolate and peanut butter, and I won't deny that the duo is quite delectable. We have made chocolate and peanut butter cookies, Reese’s cookies, brownies with a peanut butter swirl… you name it. Actually for his birthday I made a tower of treats (or terror, if you’re figure conscious). It even included homemade peanut butter cups (a terribly excruciating process). All in the name of love

But what really lights my fire is coffee and cinnamon. The depth of flavor is just inexplicable. When I drink my coffee in the morning, a light dusting of cinnamon on top is essential. If truly accentuates all the body of a good, dark roast (the ONLY way to drink coffee is extra bold).

So as I sit here sipping my coffee and nibbling on a cinnamon scone, I am reminded of my mom’s Mexican Coffee Crisps. Heaven in the form of a cookie. I’m going to have to get that recipe from her... 

The perfect image for exam week. (Photo cred. Don'stuff)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails