Thursday, August 4, 2011

mar·vel

mar·vel (verb) 
to become filled with surprise, wonder, or amazed curiosity.


I drive over this bridge nearly every day, but oddly enough, I am always overwhelmed by the breathtaking views. Sometimes, the sun melts into the sunset like a bowl of orange sherbet. Other days, the water sparkles like a treasure chest filled to the brim with sapphires, emeralds, and diamonds. And even still, on days when the clouds hang low and you can actually see the humidity in the air, I marvel at the fact that this is where I live. I hope I never lose that- the ability to marvel. When you are intimately aware of your Creator, the creation takes on a whole new wonder. 

won·der (noun) 
the rapt attention and deep emotion caused by the sight of something extraordinary

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails