Thursday, August 25, 2011

Snapshots... last day of summer

The house is extra quiet this morning, as Janie and CJ headed back to school bright and early. The excitement of the first day of school is always a little bittersweet, and although I know it will be a wonderfully exciting year for them, it is sad to see my buddies leave (and even sadder to see them growing up so quickly.) We spent yesterday having a proper "last day of summer,"  filled to the brim with all the foolishness that entails. 
We took the pups for a nice, long walk. They seemed to enjoy it, but they were clamoring for water as soon as we got back.
On a whim, I purchased a seafoam green beach cruiser (it seemed like the appropriate thing to do.) We had a time fitting it in my car and CJ dubbed it "the reject bike." I find it quite nice, though.
 Of course we stopped for ice cream...
and let our silliness get the best of us!

Happy first day of 8th and 10th grade, kittens! You are smart and silly, strong and kind. But most of all, you are His and you are mine. I couldn't ask for better people to spend my summer with.

1 comment:

  1. precious... i know the feeling of little siblings growing up all too well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails