Wednesday, March 20, 2013

i can teach you, but i have to charge

Ok, imma leave the milkshakes to Kelis. Today I'm talking protein shakes. 

I've never been much of a shake girl, in any sense of the word, but after amping up my workouts still not quite seeing the results I want to see (muscles where are youuu?) I'm calling for reinforcements. After my trainer's harsh scolding for not eating enough after working out, I'm trying my hand at recovery beverages. The one I made today truly, honestly rivals the best frap Starbucks can serve up, and it's chocked full of protein. Here's my recipe, and of course I have no exact measurements. 
I start with whey protein. I like it better than soy and there are mixed reviews on how soy can affect women, so whey's the way to go.

Add the typical stuff, ice, skim milk, water... whatever it takes to get it to the consistency you like. Shake it, blend, it's whatever...

Aaaand secret ingredient...
**imagine this in my best Iron Chef Chairman voice**
Chobani Bites coffee with dark chocolate chips. A little extra protein, great flavor, and perfect consistency.

and a shot of espresso. Caffeine is good for muscle recovery and it gives me an energy boost. And let's be real, I'm addicted. I couldn't live without my Nespresso Pixie.

How do you recharge after a workout? 

1 comment:

  1. dude. I'm gonna have to try this! I always have a protein bar for lunch after my workouts, anddddd I'm getting bored. You must be channeling my protein craving...I'm trying this stat!

    as always, you have the best blog titles around ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails