Thursday, August 12, 2010

How lucky I am...

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard." -Annie (The Movie)

Tomorrow is the day. I will be packing up the rest of my belongings and heading to my second home. Isn't it funny that home is still home and school is still my second home, even though I have an apartment with a 12 month lease and I spend 9 months of the year down there? Don't get me wrong, I love school and am so excited to see my friends and my "family" (or roommates) down there, but leaving is always sad.

Here are a few things I will miss...
Gooood coffee. Duhhh... but we've talked about this before.
This place. Yep. Cape Carteret Aquatic and Wellness Center. Marta's spin class on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Kick-boxing with Kelli on Wednesdays. And more than anything, my mom's kick butt boot camp on Friday mornings. Not only will I miss the classes, but also all of the truly dedicated women who attend regularly and could kick my butt at ANYTHING. Even though most of them are nearly twice my age and have kids. Talk about inspiring.  
This little pup. And Jack and Scout, too.
These crazy kids. It is such a blessing to get to spend a few months of the year watching these kids grow up! My sister is becoming such a beautiful, mature woman. She is smart and sophisticated and I know she is going to do great things. And CJ is absolutely wide open. He drives me crazy half the time, but he is so determined (slash hardheaded) but also one of the most genuine, kind-hearted people I have ever known. He has been my beach buddy, my gym partner, and also a top-notch DJ in the car. Fortunately, I have Julian down in Wilmington with me, so I can call him whenever I need an emergency sushi date!
These people (i.e. the reason I get a lump in my throat and my eyes start to burn when I even think about leaving). Slow mornings drinking coffee, delicious dinners, and countless hours of talking and laughing. My dad always has the best advice (and he can make the best chocolate chip cookies). My mom is my best friend, and I hope to someday be half the person she is today. 
Because let's face it- I don't even remember HOW to watch regular tv.
My drive to work. Isn't it lovely? My dad always says "Never take your drive to work for granted." (I told you he has good advice!) So all summer, despite the heat, the traffic, and the crazy tourists, I tried to remind myself that I am so fortunate to be able to drive over that bridge every day.
And afternoon naps in this hammock, overlooking the White Oak River. So peaceful.

Of course there's also about a million other things, but this post is getting long enough. Bottom line: I am so blessed. 

Emerald Isle, thanks for another great summer. And you better brace yourself for Labor Day Weekend!



1 comment:

  1. i dont know if its sleep deprivation or thinking about seeing my parents and you guys but reading this just made ME get the biggest lump and I feel like im going to cry!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails