Thursday, September 15, 2011

in-flight fashion

To prep for my 18 hour trip next week, I'm upping my Vitamin C intake (in the form of grapefruit margaritas) and googling any combination of travel + airport + style + chic + fashion + comfort + jet setter. It's all about priorities, right? 


I'm clearly not the only one who thinks about such things when globe-trotting, because my search has yielded countless results. You can find celebrities and fashion icons on both ends of the spectrum: from slippers to stilettos, I've seen it all. As the 1 week countdown for departure begins, I've started brainstorming. Here are a few ideas that are inspiring my sartorial selections, but I'll give you one hint, there's no way you're getting this butt in jeans for 18 hours* H to the N. 
[That last image just screams Hawaii. For me, the equation is looking something like leggings+breezy cotton layers+cozy scarf+comfy shoes. As much as I love the polished look of a blazer, a wrap sweater suits me better for such a long trip.]

How do you travel in style?

*If the trip were shorter, like to New York, I would definitely man up and wear denim. But 18 hours? That's crazy talk

p.s. This is what I wore for the 30 hour trip to Tanzania!

images via Pinterest. 

1 comment:

  1. No denim for an 18 hour trip!

    Don't do belts, shoes with shoelace or lots of buckets and you'll be good :]

    Honestly going really chill with comfy pattern flats, yoga pants, plain tank, colored jacket and a scarf should do the trick!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails