Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Brunch Round 1

If this weekend had a theme it would be brunch. As you all know, breakfast is my absolute fave, so it couldn't have been better. Saturday started with brunch downtown at The Basics with one of oldest and dearest friends, Lauren. Seriously, we have been friends since we were in 5th grade. When we were 12 we covered our bodies in mud (something about the exfoliating properties, I believe) and ran around her yard like absolute crazies. It's good to have friends like this, to remind you of how silly you used to be (and still are). 
[Lauren got this. I can't exactly remember everything but it is eggs benedict with spinach and feta and other yummy things.]
[I continued my unhealthy relationship with carbs and went for the oatmeal blueberry pancakes (yum) that were served with walnut butter (double yum) and syrup]

And just so you get the full (goofy, awkward) picture, this is what I wore to brunch...
...topped off with a black blazer and that abominable leopard-print scarf that I cannot stop wearing for the life of me... I need an intervention.
(Sweater- Gap, Shirt- Urban Outfitters, Pants- Fragile, Boots- Icora)


Stay tuned for Brunch Round 2... coming up tomorrow!


p.s. Lauren's adorable sister Chloé has a blog that you would just love. Trust.

8 comments:

  1. Your shirt looks beyond amazing on you! Love the color, fit and style along with the dark brown boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yumm the food looks so good! and brunch has to be my fave meal too! loving your outfit x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man that looks DELICIOUS!
    and I am in love with your cardigan and shirt they're so sweet and look cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, you're so sweet Caitlin!

    Also, that's my sister!! That brunch looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, Lauren! I haven't seen her in ages. That breakfast looks remarkable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmm yum! i love brunch! and your shirt is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a lovely outfit! And brunch just has to be the best thing ever invented!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails