Friday, November 11, 2011

Boarding Passes

Once again I find myself today sitting at the airport gate feeling overwhelmingly grateful. This isn't what I pictured my post-grad life would be. I've spent the past 22 years going to school and getting an education to prep for life after college. They tell you that once you're done with school you need to go out and start your career, do your 30 years, and then take the time to live your life and enjoy the fruits of your labor. But for me, I'm not done learning. I've got the rest of my life to spend in a rewarding, fulfilling career. But for now, this precious time being, I'm going to enjoy the opportunity and soak it all in. If I could tell my former self one thing, it would be don't stress. Don't worry about the "logical" next step, just trust. If I've said it once, I've said it 1000 times: God's plan is infinitely better than mine.

I know this is not an opportunity that many people get, and I never cease to be thankful. Oddly enough, I've learned more in my travels than I ever could in a classroom. And, incidentally, boarding passes make the best bookmarks.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails