Wednesday, November 16, 2011

NYC recap (photo overload)

Hello dear darlings... home again home again jiggety jig. I had a most fabulous time in New York. The weather was practically perfect and we trekked all over the city, leaving the hotel early each day and not returning until late each night, depending on coffee and red wine (with no shortage of delicious food) to keep us running. I always return with inspiration bubbling over... The lights, the energy, it is all so grand. But, I must admit, after a few days my heart is happy to return to this sleepy, coastal town. 

 [Our arrival coincided with the delivery of the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree! It still needs to be decorated, so it will stay bundled up in scaffolding for a few days]
 [Anthropologie always looks delightfully festive]

 [The Farmers Market at Union Square was full of great finds, if you were willing to wrestle the crowds]
 [Bryant Part at night just feels like Christmas to me, so red lips and a red Starbucks cup were the perfect accompaniment to an evening stroll]

 [On our last morning, we realized we didn't have any pictures of me, so on the way to 5th Avenue we stopped in Times Square (because I mean, hey, everyine takes pictures there)]

 [I know Macy's typically gets all the Christmas hype, but I found Saks to be the most beautiful of all the department stores.]

[And of course, my favorite store in all of New York, Dean and Deluca. Practical? No. Affordable? Seldom. But I do believe food to be the greatest luxury, and shopping for it should be just that: indulgent, decadent, and sensational.]

[We had several delicious breakfasts, but you'll have to check back later for a recap of my most favorite.]
[As we waited to board our flight home, we both had to slip off our shoes and prop up our feet. After 4 days of going non-stop, we were exhausted.]
Thanks again, mom, for an amazing trip. I always have the most fun with you. 

(And thanks, dad, for letting me steal your best friend for the weekend.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails