Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Atlanta Eats

While looking through pictures from our Atlanta trip, I soon realized that food would deserve a post of its own. We ate at some wonderful restaurants. If you're ever in the Atlanta area, might I recommend...

We didn't make it to Buckhead until after 10pm Thursday night, so we opted for a late dinner a Buckhead Pizza Co. It did not disappoint! The toppings were bomb (my mom and sister got a pizza with goat cheese and Italian sausage!) and the crust was just right.
Friday morning started with brunch at Southern Art. This was definitely my favorite breakfast of the trip: from fresh squeezed orange juice to the most delicious French toast... everything I tasted was perfection. (Even the pulled pork barbecue with an egg on top! (pictured below) Not a typical breakfast item, but quite possibly my new favorite!) I opted for the buffet so I could try a little of everything, but their menu looks delightful. And if we had gone back for Sunday Brunch? I definitely would have ordered the Fried Chicken and Waffle.
Before Friday night's basketball game, we knew we wanted Mexican food. En route to another Mexican restaurant we spotted Tin Lizzy's. Our driver (and countless reviews on Yelp) testified that it was great, so we decided to give it a try. We had to wait about 15 minutes to get a table, which is always a good sign, especially at 5 in the afternoon. It was definitely worth the wait. Quick, fresh, and delicious tacos, great margaritas and fantastic service. The perfect way to start off a night of fun!
I have no pictures of the food. Or self control for that matter. It looked so good I dove in, head first. hint: be sure to start out with their fresh, homemade guacamole
 4. La Grotta
Dinner Saturday night was at La Grotta, the restaurant where my parents got engaged! It was absolutely delicious, my favorite meal of the entire trip. I can see why my dad chose it for their engagement. I highly recommend you go if you're ever in the area. 
[I have no photos of the food, it just didn't seem appropriate... but this is us before!]
After dinner Saturday night Julian and I walked to Bistro Niko for brother-sister drinks. He had a Maker's and ginger, I had a chocolate martini. We loved the cozy atmosphere of this darling French restaurant so much that we took our parents back the next night for drinks and dessert. 
Profiteroles (because you cannot go to a French restaurant without ordering them) and the most delicious hazelnut teacake with roasted pineapple on top. 
We sat at the bar the first night and at a table inside the second night (because it was a little chilly by the time the sun went down,) but the patio area is absolutely adorable. Every time we walked past it I wanted to snap a photo! (And drink a glass of wine)

After the game Sunday, we wanted to find a place nearby to watch the Carolina-Kansas game. We walked to Dantanna's and decided to stay for dinner. I love the concept: An upscale sports restaurant. The basic premise is that you should be able to go somewhere and watch your favorite team play without having to settle for frozen chicken wings. We were able to watch Carolina lose while dining on pecan-crusted monkfish and zinfandel braised short ribs. Hello, perfect night. 
We started with baked goat cheese and blue crab fingers. 

It's safe to say I over-indulged, as would be expected. But hey, that's what vacation is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails