Tuesday, March 27, 2012

CATlanta Recap

Good afternoon & hello my sweets... yet again I find myself feeling like I'm coming up for air, but never in the drowning sense. I feel like I've done a giant cannonball, a swan dive into the chilly springs of life. It's thrilling, exhilarating, and as I push my way back to the top the excitement is ever-increasing in the pit of my stomach.


Atlanta was a blast. We laughed until our stomachs ached, screamed until our voices were gone, and had the best time. It really is a fun city: young and fresh, southern and charming. It has a little bit of everything: food, shopping, art, sports, nightlife. I can see why my parents loved it so much when they lived there, although a lot has changed in 25 years. At the risk of a photo overload, here are just a few... the highlights, if you will. :)
We took MARTA downtown, which was very easy to navigate (even after 3 margaritas.) Well, in all honesty, we just followed the sea of blue. Seriously, I felt like I was in Lexington. There were so many Kentucky fans in Atlanta, I see why they call it CATlanta.
After we beat Indiana Friday night, I didn't think I would scream so much ever again. But the Baylor game Sunday was equally crazy.
Dippin Dots and a Dasani were a halftime essential. My voice was gone. Even better though, was the fact that my mom sounded like a ragetastic party girl. 
After a Wildcats Win on Sunday, we were all feeling pretty giddy. As we walked to dinner, we spotted this shiny building and instantly knew it was the scene of our next family photo. 
Be back later to dish on some of my favorite Atlanta restaurants! 
Hope you've been having lots of fun! 

1 comment:

  1. Your fam is too cute!! Glad you had such a wonderful time in the ATL, it really is a great city! {I went there 2 years ago for the toy & gift market for work} And if I can figure out the MARTA...anyone can ;)
    Let's go #wildcats

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails