Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Creation

 I have always longed to be the kind of cook who can just go in the kitchen and create. I strive to be able to take an amalgamation of ingredients and turn it into something beautiful and delicious. But I get overwhelmed and my Type A personality craves direction, so I always pander to recipes, preferably ones with pictures. That was until last week. Finally, I did it. I created something. Without a recipe. Without some sort of guide to follow. I just created. And it was delightful.


I started with some orzo, cooked al dente, and added some chopped baby spinach, diced tomatoes, pesto, and mozzarella pearls. I topped it off with some ground pepper and parmesan. (Ok, so it was basically a hybrid of a Caresse salad)   

It was ready in a flash and so easy. A drizzle of balsamic would have been a lovelt touch but we were hungry and that whole hierarchy of needs takes over. We were so hungry, in fact, that I didn't even think to take a picture. But I will definitely be doing more "creating" in the future. It was strangely exhilerating and rewarding. Kind of how I think bungee jumping or sky diving would feel, but with food, so that makes it 100 times better.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails