Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Blue Heron Pottery


While perusing the shops in Floyd this weekend, we wandered into New Mountain Mercantile. As soon as we walked in the door I fell in love with this beautiful pottery by Jayn Avery. The artist uses vintage lace to make the imprint and shapes each piece by hand. Some of her pieces are impressed with lace that belonged to her grandmother! Talk about a cool heirloom. She does commissioned work too, so if you have lace a special woman in your life, what better way to showcase it than this! 

I couldn't resist buying this little bud vase for my mom, but if I had it my way I would have walked out of there with one of everything! 
I especially love the "button"detailing on the back!
I was particularly fond of the coffee mugs (because, let's be real, I'd get plenty of use out of them!) and this pitcher, which I think would make a lovely vase!

Find Blue Heron Pottery on Etsy, Facebook, or her Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails