Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Soft-boiled Eggs

Look, I know my way around the kitchen. As the daughter of restaurateurs, I learned at a young age how to sauté, flambé, and sashay left and right. So imagine my dismay when my aunt introduced me to the wonder that is: the soft-boiled egg. I'm still a little puzzled as to how this deliciousness has evaded me for 22 years (oh wait, maybe it has something to do with the fact that I just started eating eggs 6 months ago... Foodie fail.)

I think the soft boiled egg slides under the radar because her tasteless, chalky sister (the hard boiled egg) steals the show. But, in my opinion, the silky, creamy soft-boiled alternative is the only way to go.

All you have to do is...
1. Fill up a sauce pan about halfway with water. 
2. Bring to a boil. 
3. Reduce heat to a simmer and add egg(s). 
4. Cook for 6 minutes and then remove from water. 
5. I like to run cool water over it for few seconds so it is easier to handle.
6. Peel and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails