Monday, November 7, 2011

Hungry?

I really am the worst kind of reader. The antisocial, missed appointments, crying in the dentists office because I'm overly-attached to the characters, awake until 3am, "just one more page" type. And I don't discriminate. It can be a classic Steinbeck novel (Of Mice and Men), a mushy Nicholas Sparks story (The Wedding), or even a fine piece of Young Adult fiction (The Giver.) And most recently: I've spent the past 6 hours completely devouring The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. 
My teenage brother and sister highly recommended them, and I must say I am impressed. The first book in the series is the perfect mixture of science-fiction, futuristic romance, suspense thriller... (with a little bit of gore... just a fair warning)


I cannot wait to start the 2nd book in the series, Catching Fire, but I just might need to wait until I have a solid 12 hours to set aside for the sole purpose of reading (as all other tasks seem to fall by the wayside.)

3 comments:

  1. I read these this summer all the ladies in the office read them! I drove by them filming a few times in Charlotte this summer, cried all through the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read all three of them in about 5 days this summer!! So great, cannot wait for the movies! They're going to be the next Twilight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three books are so good! The next two books take some unexpected turns and twists which makes them hard to put down! I can't wait for the movie to come out in March!! Enjoy the books!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails