Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Oatmeal Pancakes

This morning I begged my sweet boy for a breakfast date, and even though he had so much homework to finish by 2, he obliged. Breakfast is one of my most favorite things to cook and I have been longing to try something different. I decided on Oatmeal Pancakes. Interestingly enough, I reached this conclusion at approximately 8:45am. Not wanting to run to the store, I had to improvise a bit but I am absolutely thrilled with the results! Here is my recipe for some delicious, homemade, moderately healthy oatmeal pancakes!
He get's a little impatient whenever food is involved...

Healthy Oatmeal Pancakes:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup quick oats
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
splash of half and half
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup egg substitute


Combine in a food processor or a blender. Let rest for about 5 minutes. Get cooking!
Those nice little bubbles are pancakese for, "Flip me, flip me!"

Alternatives: Of course, blueberries would be a lovely addition, or any fruit for that matter. Even more so, I am always a fan of chocolate chips in pancakes. Whole wheat flour would probably be lovely too, as I tend to prefer the taste. The original recipe called for buttermilk, which I did not have on hand so I opted for skim milk with a splash of half and half. I'm sure buttermilk would be delightful, but skim is a little more figure friendly. I threw in a dash of cinnamon, because I mean hey, what do I not put cinnamon in? And maybe next time I'll add a little brown sugar too? The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails