Thursday, September 30, 2010

peace

 Don’t worry about anything; 
instead, pray about everything. 

Tell God what you need, 
and thank him for all he has done. 

Then you will experience God’s peace, 
which exceeds anything we can understand.

His peace will guard your hearts and minds 
as you live in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6-7 (NLT)

It is so easy to get overwhelmed and frustrated when things don't go our way. Or when we have a lot on our plates. Or when we don't have a definite plan to follow. 

But his mercies are new every morning. And today I woke up with this verse in my mind and God's peace in my heart. It is easy to wish that God's plans were the same as mine, but in the long run I have found that He usually has much better ideas than I could ever imagine. (At least he hasn't let me down yet, and I don't see that happening anytime in the future.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails