Monday, September 20, 2010

roasting

This time of year is the awkward puberty phase of the seasons. Wednesday marks the official start of fall, but today the high in good old Wilmington is 94. Gradually mornings have started getting moderately cooler, but afternoons still resemble sub-Saharan conditions. It leaves me feeling understandably conflicted. I'm burning the pumpkin spice candle at both ends, but there is just something unnatural about making pot roast when I feel like a pot roast myself! 


Regardless, I have been craving this and I have vowed to make it to commemorate the first day that temperatures stay below 80 (and the 10 day outlook doesn't look very promising.) 


Update to follow. 

From The Confused Homemaker (isn't the name of that blog just the best?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails