Wednesday, June 1, 2011

heat wave

Summer has arrived and the heat is here to stay. The first true heat wave of the season always seems especially brutal...
I've been a little shell-shocked this week, and the thought of spending excessive amounts of time outside is particularly daunting. In exchange for hours spent by the pool, I have been working (finally) and running those errands I have put off for far too long. In addition, I have been frequenting my local library so regularly that they are going to start calling me Matilda...
But at least I'me reading, right? I read The Giver last week (exceptional) and started reading Lipstick Jungle but returned it because it was du.mb. This is what I picked up yesterday...
Fahrenheit 451
Lolita
The Mermaid Chair
Have you read any of these? Or The Giver? Any thoughts? 

And in case you were wondering... No, I do not carry my books home in a little, red wagon Matilda style. This Moroccan basket does the trick just fine...
What are your favorite books? I would love some recommendations! (seeing as my next trip to the library will be in T-minus 12 hours if I continue at my current rate... yikes.) 

5 comments:

  1. Lolita is on my list! As well as A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (I started it last summer, but for some reason didn't finish it before it was due back), Love in the Time of Cholera and lots of others.

    I read Fahrenheit 451 a few years ago and I think I remember liking it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the Giver in school and then again about a year ago. I didn't like it the first time, but you know in school it was all about picking the book to pieces to find the "true story." When I read it over I really liked it. Definitely interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a kindle coming in the mail! Creating a list of books and just added those three and the giver! I cannot think of any novels at this moment but i currently have "The Pursuit of Holiness" sitting on my night stand

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you and I would kill to have those temperatures...it's been around 99 everyday without ANY beach breezy...fail. I don't read I just look at books so I can't help you out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series. It's very good. There are three books in the series (The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo, The Girl that Played with Fire and The Girl that Kicked the Hornets Nest). Now, I'm currently reading The Help and it's very good as well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails