Thursday, June 23, 2011

she's a peach

Peach season is my favorite season. Really, is there anything better? On cereal, in pies, in tea... cannot get enough. When I saw this recipe in Food Network magazine last month I couldn't wait to try it out. I am not exaggerating when I say it is absolute perfection. I know I say that a lot, but really, this cake is to die for. 
The layering of the peaches allows the juices from the fruit to infuse the cake. Ex.cep.tion.al. 
The pecans and cinnamon sugar make the topping nice and crunchy. The cake is quite comparable to a coffee cake, so I will be enjoying it for breakfast until further notice. (p.s. Though I hardly thought it was possible for the cake to improve, it is even better the second day, as the peach flavor becomes even more prominent.) 

Ina, you're the best. No seriously. The. best. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails