Monday, September 19, 2011

the boozy barista

Not to sound like a total lush, but I'm always a fan of a nightcap. In the fall, as the air gets crisp and cool we often enjoy dinner alfresco on the back porch. There is usually a big fire burning in the fireplace and my favorite part of the meal is when we sit around afterward, talking, roasting marshmallows, and enjoying coffee.
Coffee is good, spiked coffee is even better. (Jk... kind of... not really.) I have been experimenting with my barista skills, and I've just about nailed it. Current Favorite? 1 part espresso, 1 part Baileys Irish Cream, 1 part Frangelico with Godiva caramel and white chocolate infused steamed milk. Per.fec.tion.
[The Nespresso Pixie is seriously life-changing... delicious, perfect espresso every time]
[delightfully smooth steamed milk at the push of a button (it really is that simple) To infuse the milk, I add a splash of the liqueurs before steaming. ]
[again, pardon the image quality, all photos via iPhone, but praying my Nikon will be back in my arms today?!]

2 comments:

  1. That looks absolutely divine! I have only tried straight Irish creme (which was incredible), and I can only imagine how delicious it would taste in coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update: Josh found Irish creme at Aldi... ALDI! We were so excited! We have been drinking it for "dessert" and even slipping it into our morning coffee. I'll be sad when the bottle is empty.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails