Thursday, January 6, 2011

Listening to...

My palate when it comes to music is significantly less refined than my taste in food, fashion, or pretty much any other aspect of my life. I have a a particular fondness of admittedly "bad" music. The Baja Men, Ke$ha, Lady Gaga, and Lou Bega all take up residence in my iTunes library and I am certainly ok with that. However, I will say I do not think my preferences are limited to terrible music. I equally appreciate the work of more talented, less bedazzled individuals.

As of late, I have noticed another trend in my listening habits... female vocalists. Can't. Get. Enough. (And I'm not just talking Ke$ha and Lady Gaga... but they certainly don't get overlooked.) I was looking at some of my other "Listening to..." posts and featured artists include: Sara Bareilles (twice), Ingrid Michaelson, Tracy Chapman, A Fine Frenzy, Carla Bruni, and Adele. Aaaaand here's some more Ingrid Michaelson again. Because her music is that beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Ingrid Michaelson is wonderful! You may also enjoy JJ Heller. She has a delightful, folksy voice.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails