Thursday, April 21, 2011

rough around the edges

I have always been particularly prim and proper, even as a child. I tend to blame it on growing up with a British nanny, but for whatever reason I tend to gravitate toward the classics- a tailored trench, the perfect sheath dress, a delicate string of pearls, etc.

But as much as I love pieces that are polished and put together, I have a penchant for rugged, natural things as well (as seen here). There’s a special place in my heart (and/or wallet) for unique jewelry. Here are a few beautiful, and affordable, pieces from Urban Outfitters that I’m currently craving…
in the rough


And, if you dare, the Diamond in the Rough collection is absolutely stunning, and slightly out of my college student price range. (Warning: Should you decide to take a peek, you might fall in love. I'm talking about deep, meaningful, head-over-heels, his-n-hers towels, let's-grow-old-together L-O-V-E*) They mix natural, rough diamonds (untouched, uncut, unpolished) with pave diamonds to create gorgeous, one-of-a-kind pieces of art. Sneak peek?
Seriously, they blow Tacori out of the water. (Just sayin) Aaand I want it all. Like, yesterday.

*Yes, that was a How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days reference. #duh. 




1 comment:

  1. I really like all of these! I was just looking at some similar jewelry today on Rue La La! As to your comment, the Minted Rosebud Lip Balm is GREAT! If you like the normal Rosebud, you should definitely try the mint!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails