Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Top Chef, Watch Out.

Last night I cooked dinner. And it was not a Healthy Choice. I mean dinner was healthy, but it wasn't a Healthy Choice, as in the selection of frozen entrĂ©es I typically "cook" on week nights. Anyways, I digress. 
Chicken with Cannellini Beans and Arugula. Good, huh? I was impressed too. And so was Taylor, but he has exceptionally low standards when it comes to my cooking and always approves of my culinary endeavors. Well, at lease he does to my face.


 A while back my mom made this recipe from Real Simple and it was so good. And then she shipped me back to school and I don't have things like shrimp and fresh herbs. But I do have frozen chicken breasts and Italian seasoning, so I improvised. 


If you're in the same boat as me (sans shrimp) all you have to do is dip boneless/skinless chicken breasts in eggs (I used egg beaters) and dredge then in bread crumbs, seasoned salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, Italian seasoning, or just whatever you have on hand. Seriously, if I've learned anything during 4 years of college, it's that cooking isn't all that serious. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Hello tasty perfection. 

1 comment:

  1. this looks so good! i actually have some shrimp on hand and some arugala, totally making this tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails