Thursday, May 19, 2011

settling in

I spent all of yesterday unpacking. I am certainly not proud of this. By the end of the day I realized how terribly excessive and materialistic I can be at times. As I dug through piles of clothing, shoes, and purses I suddenly remembered these photos I shot in Africa... 
When I saw people everywhere in tattered clothes and children who walk miles without shoes to protect their feet, I vowed to never say "I have nothing to wear" ever again. But that's the thing about abundance. You get settled in to your comfortable lifestyle and forget about the suffering that is going on in the world. Now, I'm not saying we should sell everything or give up shopping, clothes, or the artistic beauty the fashion industry has to offer, but I am certainly going to purpose myself to be more appreciative and grateful for what I do have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails