Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February, February...

Happy February, my loves! You know what February first means here in SoliloquyLand... the official Valentine's kickoff! 


I'll let you in on a little secret (that's really no secret at all) I have always loved Valentine's Day. Want to know why? Valentine's Day is really just "Christmas's  leftovers." It's as if someone boxed up the extra love from Christmas, stowed it away, and we get to reheat it and enjoy on a random icy day in February. Typically I'm not the biggest fan of leftovers, but one of the greatest joys of college was having a stash of my mom's spaghetti sauce saved in my freezer. It was made with love and each bite brought comfort, nourishment, and joy. I know not everyone is a fan of Valentine's Day, but if you tap into that abundance of love and joy you stored up at Christmas, it's hard not to enjoy.


I'm so looking forward to sharing lots of love-ly things with you over these next 2 weeks (in addition to the regular chatter, of course.) Xo
[1,2,3,4,5]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails