Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day my sweets! I hope you are enjoying this day, celebrating the love of your dear ones. I woke up this morning and had one of those crazy God moments as I was doing my devotional...


One of my readings for today was Isaiah 41:13...


For I am the Lord your God
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
I will help you.

I was shocked and dismayed at the verse, not because it is a new concept for me, but precisely the opposite. On this same exact day last year, God was teaching me the same exact thing. [see post here] Not just to trust Him, but to remember that He is holding my hand. As much as it impacted me then, it is as relevant to my life now as ever. We have talked about fear, anxiety, stress, and worry. And as much as I would like to say these things never bother me anymore, it would be a lie. This world can be scary. Decisions can be scary. Uncertainty can be scary. But it is a lot less scary knowing you have someone's hand to hold. And although there is a lot of uncertainly in this world, you can be certain of one thing, friend. You are loved. Today and everyday. You are loved with an everlasting love

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails