Monday, February 6, 2012

Fuchsia

I wear a lot of earthy neutrals, but when I want to mix it up with bright colors I most often gravitate toward orangey shades of coral. As far as vibrant colors go, I typically prefer (and look better in) warm tones, which seem so much more appropriate in the summer. But lately, a cool fuchsia has caught my eye...
It all started last week when I spotted this Kate Spade bag at... wait for it... TJ MAXX. I couldn't justify purchasing it, but I haven't been able to get it off my mind since. It is such a chic alternative to a bulky briefcase or otherwise sensible carryall.
Dying over this Pim + Larkin top. The peter pan collar gives a soft touch to an otherwise bold blouse. 
And for a more casual look, you can never go wrong with gingham
This post from {a glamorous little side project} combined my current color of choice with my longstanding, perennial favorite, gold. I'd say it's a match made in heaven. (links to these adorable valentines can be found in the original post)


I must admit, I do this every season. Come autumn, I'm head over heels for shades of cranberry, burnt orange, and mustard. And Christmas? I'm all about punchy reds and loads of sparkle. What colors have you been eyeing lately? I'd love to hear!


[p.s. for more bright inspiration to get you through the winter blues, check out this pretty post from Eliza's blog!]

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails