Friday, October 7, 2011

Home at last...

Hello dear ones, it's been far too long. I had the most amazing time in Hawaii, and when I close my eyes I can still hear warm breezes rustling the branches of towering palms. But alas, as all good things so often do, my vacation has come to an end.

Upon arrival Tuesday evening, the most handsome boy picked me up at baggage claim. I couldn't help but leap and bound the last few steps and scoop him up in a big hug (or vice versa... no matter) I overheard a gentleman tell his wife, "It's true what they say about this being such a happy place." And I couldn't help but think to myself, "No no, sir, it's just because he's here."

Since then, it's been a flurry of Thai takeout and catching up with dear friends, birthday celebrations and big fires burning in the fireplace, fall breezes and hot coffee in hopes of warding off the little bit of jet lag that seems to creep into my life around 4pm each afternoon (and it rears its ugly head around 4am too, yuck.) And as for today- the littlest one had a soccer game. So forgive me as I come up for air and get back into the swing of things. I cannot wait to share my trip with you (if you're interested in hearing about it)

Hawaii was absolutely marvelous, but, oddly enough, I find "real life" to be simply stunning as well.

[images: Hawaii, home, and home respectively]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails