Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fall... on a budget.

Last year I did a round-up of all my fall favorites for under $10. It was so much fun, I've decided to repeat the tradition this year! Here goes...
Starbucks apple fritter $2. 
Ok, don't shoot me, but I've never been a big fan of the beloved pumpkin spice latte. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate its seasonal appeal, but I've always found it to be too sweet for my taste. And to be honest, I like my coffee to taste like, well, coffee. Save yourself the calories and order a grande nonfat latte, and then add on one of these delicious danishes. It's apple, so it's healthy, right?
Planters pumpkin spice almonds $4
I found these randomly one day in the grocery store and decided to try them out. They are absolutely delicious & perfect for a protein-packed snack. (Also yummy mixed into vanilla Greek yogurt with Craisins.)
I love the warm, red color and pretty cable-knit detail. Great for chilly evenings when it's not quite cold enough to break out mittens. 
Everyday Food November 2011
It's no secret that I'm a total magazine junkie, but this little publication never disappoints (I mean it is a Martha Stewart magazine, so that's to be expected) The November issue is full of seasonally inspired dishes that can be made in minutes. Only problem- I've dog-eared 95% of the recipes to try. (Roasted sweet potato salsa, pork tenderloin with roasted fall veggies, roasted brussels sprouts with pancetta, brown sugar buttermilk pie... I could go on and on.)
Van Morrison- Moondance $1 for the single, $9 for the whole album (on Amazon)

Well it's a marvelous night for a moondance
With the stars up above in your eyes
A fantabulous night to make romance
'Neath the cover of October skies 

And all the leaves on the trees are falling
To the sound of the breezes that blow
And I'm trying to please to the calling
Of your heart-strings that play soft and low...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails