Monday, January 9, 2012

ritual

I feel so silly talking about "cold weather," considering tomorrow's forecast here in coastal Carolina is sunny with a high of 60, but I guess that's just the way it goes. Last week we got our first real dose of cold (one day the high was 27!) and I promptly enlisted the help of one of my favorite products... OPI Avoplex. We all know the winter air can be particularly damaging to skin (I'm lookin at you, dry hands and cracked cuticles), but this stuff works wonders.   

I use it year round, but in the winter I do so with religious devotion. First, I dab the Nail and Cuticle Oil on each finger and rub it into my nail beds ["my nail beds suck.*"] Then I massage the High-Intensity Nail and Hand Cream into each hand. It has become a relaxing ritual, and it feels like an indulgent treat at the end of a long day. After all, who couldn't use a little extra pampering this time of year?


*Mean Girls. duh

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails