Thursday, December 29, 2011

Comfort and Joy

Isn't it funny how certain things can be so very comforting? Certain sights, smells, and sounds calm our spirits and breathe peace into our souls. Some things that always comfort me are the taste of cinnamon and nutmeg, the rich aroma of browned butter, and the smooth hum of a Kitchen Aid mixer. This recipe from Smitten Kitchen promised all three, so when I saw it this morning I knew I had to try it. 
These cinnamon brown butter breakfast puffs are delicious, and will certainly leave you feeling satisfied. Moreover, spending a quiet morning in the kitchen and indulging in a few of your favorite comforts will surely impart a renewed sense of tranquility... at least it did for me. 

What comforts you? Some others of mine include: a steamy latte, warm sunshine on my skin, sheets straight out if the dryer, balmy beach air, and freshly cut grass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails