Thursday, December 1, 2011

FreakerUSA

If you're like me, you spent the majority of your Thursday afternoon lounging around lazily, eating bonbons, and devouring the latest issue of Matchbook Magazine that went live today. (That's really only a slight exaggeration...) And, if you're like me, you were disappointed to see that Matchbook chose to feature the "Wine Monkey" by Urban Outfitters in their roundup of amazing stocking stuffers. I know this comes as a surprise because anyone who knows me will tell you a. I love wine b. I love monkeys. But, anyone who knows me will also tell you I do NOT love a copycat. 


Enter: Freaker.


"Manufactured in Troy, North Carolina, Freakers are nationally recognized as the one-size-fits-all knit koozie that functionally makes your beverage feel special. Presented in myriad of prismatic designs; the Freaker is a strong, tight knit that keeps your liquids insulated in style!"






[Freakers: Oprah, Ralphie, and Chuck.]

Don't believe me that they stole the idea? 
Enter: Panda

Wait, so you're telling me that Urban Outfitters stole the original design from Freaker, had it produced on the cheap in China (thus exploiting laborers), made it less functional, and still managed to charge you more for it? Yep. Lame. Mega lame. So, if you're like me, you want to go right on over to Freaker, freak all your friends this holiday season, and definitely not waste your time/money at Urban Outfitters this Christmas/ever.

After all, the Matchbook girl is original. Never a duplication/knockoff/cheap imitation. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails