Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Empire State of Mind...

When I was 17, my mom introduced me to the Big Apple. I fell in love with the city instantly. The lights, the energy, the shoes... I just love it all. Since then, we have made our annual pilgrimage each year in November. 


We shop all day (spending most of our time at the boutiques in SoHo) and eat dinner in Little Italy almost every night. Our final day is always dedicated to perusing all the goodies in Dean and Deluca and grabbing pizza at Lombardi's. I drink my quota of cappuccinos for the century and we take cannolis back to the hotel each night. 


I always look forward to this fun time in the city, and even more, this special time with my mom. We didn't get to go this year (I was in Africa) but lately my mom and I have both been reminiscing about Italian bakeries, crowded metros, and the world's best breakfast


This morning I remembered something else I am missing... Anthropologie's Christmas decorations. (I think maybe this post sparked my memory) They always have the most beautiful displays, especially at the store in Rockefeller Plaza. I should be able to get my Anthro fix while I'm in Charlottesville after Christmas, but it just isn't the same. Here are a few favorites from years past:
[1, 2, 3, 4]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails