Monday, December 6, 2010

Secret Santa

I have always had a certain fondness for giving gifts. From the shopping to the wrapping, all of it is just so fun. We did a little Secret Santa with friends on Friday night and I was obviously really excited...
(Because you're not really having fun until your top lip completely disappears. Seriously? What the heck.)

Anyways... I had Alicia!
We had a $15-$20 limit, so I decided to make a little basket of joy. It made a lot of sense in my head when I birthed the genius idea. 
But when Alicia opened up the first thing (pasta) she was a little confused. But a lot amused. Such a good sport! :)
I told her to keep opening and it would make more sense in the end. (Hopefully)
Things started looking up when she got to the good stuff: An Italian Chianti. (Thanks Dad for helping me select.)
The basket also included a sparkly, red candle and some chocolate covered sunflower seeds.

The whole idea behind the basket was that it would be a nice relaxing break on night during the crazy exam week/ holiday season. Even if she hated it Alicia was still nice to me...
So of course it is better to give than receive, but this is what Maegan gave me:
A gorgeous glitzy scarf (it's white with silver AND gold... holler) and a cute little black sequin clutch. (and we all know how I feel about sequins.)

What are you giving this holiday season? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails