Monday, December 13, 2010

to heel with it

It's easy to get lost in the sea of Ugg-clad-look-alikes in my small, coastal town. Seriously, the day temps drop below 60 they come crawling out of the woodwork, often bringing the leggings with them. Maybe that's why I have developed such a penchant for dressier boots lately? Now don't get me wrong, I have a pair (or three) of Ugg boots. And I think there is an appropriate time and place for them (Note: it usually involves snow or sub-zero temperatures). It’s not like I have some strange vendetta against Ugg Australia, I practically live in my Ugg slippers from October through March. Now I mean, you won’t find me wearing them in grocery store or the library, mind you (disclaimer: unless it is exam week, which of course lends itself to all kinds of questionable choices). 

If you’re sipping lattes with a girlfriend, catching a show, or window shopping, there's absolutely no reason not to brave the storm and wear a heel.

Boots with a small heel (we're not talking stripper status) are ridiculously comfortable and truly make an outfit look polished and put-together. Here are a few favorites from our boy Michael Kors. 
[Linkage: 1, 2, 3, and 4.]

And a little style inspiration to go with it:

P.S. this post is kind of the winter version of this one. Remember it?

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails