Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Flashing lightslightslightslisght (remixxx)

I always get so annoyed when someone breaks the bank to buy a nice camera and suddenly thinks they are the next Nigel Barker. Seriously? Unless that package included classes, lessons, or one heck of a manual, you're just an average Joe with an above average camera. I don't mean to seem harsh or cynical, but let's face it, buying  jeans a size too small doesn't make you skinnier, and owning a nice camera does not make you a photographer.


Ok, now the exciting news...
I am the proud owner of a Nikon D3100. 

I am a complete camera/photography novice i.e. NOT a photographer.

And I will, undoubtedly, have to read the owners manual to even know how to turn it on. I mean, let's be real, until a few weeks ago I didn't even know what a "DSLR" was. 

But it is going to be a fun little adventure and if all goes as planned, she will help document some exciting times in my life (i.e. this trip

P.S. Did I mention my bank account had a seizure when I made the purchase?

P.P.S. She should be arriving Friday.

1 comment:

  1. That is so exciting Caitlin! I can't wait to get a fancy camera and learn all about how to use it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails