Tuesday, October 5, 2010

on a roll

I woke up to the intoxicating aroma of cinnamon rolls yesterday morning. And I’m not talking Grands. Delicious, made-from-scratch Cinnamon-Pecan Rolls fresh from the oven. My mom found this recipe in Southern Living and decided to give it a try. Admittedly, she did doctor the recipe a bit, but the results were absolutely delicious. Honestly, the best cinnamon rolls I have ever had (and I’m no stranger to this delicious danish). The iron skillet gave them the most perfect crunch on the bottom without drying them out or making them too chewy. My dedicated mother has to dash off to the gym, leaving me to whip up the icing. Taylor photodocumented (mainly out of amusement at how good my hair was looking...not) while he sipped his latte (that I graciously made for him.) We could not get over how badly little Yoshi wanted one! (Unfortunately they were too good to share with the sweet pup)

"Did someone say cinnamon rolls?"
Taylor kept referring to me as Ke$ha, because evidently when your hair looks like mine and you wear an oversized tie dye t-shirt and ripped pajama shorts you join the ranks of delinquent pop divas. 
As I added the finishing touch...
Yoshi begged. (I told you they smelled delicious.)
He was persistent...
...but do you blame me for not sharing?!

2 comments:

  1. This post just made me all kinds of hungry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so so so good. And this post makes me miss my mom...waking up to breakfast is best!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails